Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Galvan Family

About two weeks ago, I got to hang out with the Galvan family. My friends Amy and Willis introduced me to this adorable family and boy am I thankful for that. Shannon and I decided that an evening of grilling out, playing in the backyard and putting the three chicas to bed would be best. And ontop of this, Shannon's parents would be in town from Canada and this was their first time meeting baby Vera.
Shoots, days, little moments like these, make me realize why I do what I do.
I think its so hard to keep your passion for anything in the arts when trying to live a normal life filled with anatomy, relationships and finding sleep. Every time I go through these photos, I feel as if I'm able to contribute something with my camera -that I can leave my thumbprint somewhere in forgotten and usually unappreciated moments.
So much grass, Spanish, Christ and sass. Which for me, means so many opportunities to create photos that will still be around and telling stories after I'm long gone.
I present to you the Galvan family. (I already apologize for the numerous captions, but I can't NOT explain these photos)

Penny refused to stand on the same step as the rest of the family and I love this photo even more just for that.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love it when families request photos of them praying
Photobucket

Penny refused to give anybody kisses before heading off to bed but changed her mind at the last minute. I love everything that is going on here. Vera sleeping, Shannon bending down, Alonso bending up...it might just be perfect
Photobucket

Shannon wanted a photo of all the girls in the family but the younger generation wasn't too happy. After making faces and trying to convince the girls, Shannon gave up and said, 'Well we're all in the same photo and atleast this is FUN.' That is the total attitude I love of those who let me photograph them.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Shannon's mom wrote these books!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I'd have to say that if anyone ever wants to book me for family photos, this is who I am.
This is a true and whole representation of me as a photographer in my photos.
And THAT is such a nice feeling, figuring out who you are.

I hope everyone felt love today,
Ro

1 comment:

  1. Great way to document "a day (or in this case an evening) in the life. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete


"Sometimes you have to watch somebody
love something before you can love it yourself"
-Donald Miller