Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Mary Jo and Georgi

While growing into the artist I want to become, I've learned to photograph through stories and to tell the stories of those who are strong and beautiful and aren't afraid to be real and raw. Meet Mary Jo and Georgi. Mary Jo is a full time momma and full time student, trying to get through all the prerequisites for nursing school just like I am...and let's just say that Mary Jo is better at it even while I'm not a mother and have less to do. That just seems to be how I work though! I had been promising Mary Jo that we'd make some photos for a while now and I think the timing of it ended up working out perfectly. We met at the pumpkin patch and ended in a field right beside the pumpkins with sweaty backs and sticky little baby hairs. Mary Jo had so many adorable outfits for Georgi and I don't think I've ever worked with a parent so persistent on getting their child's attention to laugh and look and focus, it was so helpful!
Oh, and did I mention how the lighting was just delicious? Go gobble it all up.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love when babies can be your little dolls and let you dress them up all the while they don't care
Photobucket

This is proof of Mary Jo's commitment toward 'getting the photo'
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love when I become friends with those who I photograph, its so wonderful when we can connect through our stories. We ended the evening by being kicked out of the pumpkin patch and agreeing that we should have just vandalized all their pumpkins instead. Anyone else in?

1 comment:

  1. These photos are darling! I just came across your site. Is this in Charleston? I am also a photographer and always looking for new locations to shoot at! Your work and your heart is inspiring!
    www.joannalynnphotography.net

    ReplyDelete


"Sometimes you have to watch somebody
love something before you can love it yourself"
-Donald Miller